WSIA provides open employment listings as a service to members. There is a $25 fee to post a position on the Employment Exchange, and ads will be posted for 30 days unless directed otherwise. Ad content supplied by hiring employers. For more information or to post a job, email Kari Heinold or call (360) 754-6416.
This is a great opportunity for a claims specialist or senior claims specialist looking to work directly with the employer and employees to help manage workers’ compensation costs, help develop a robust return to work program, and have a positive impact on the overall employee experience. Come join a great employer committed to the health and wellness of our employees. We have an employee fitness center, access to nutritionists and a wellness center with physical therapy for our employees. We are an employer of choice in the region.
The workers’ compensation analyst will work closely with our third party administrator to report claims, monitor progress and coordinate return-to-work services. The role interacts with injured workers, claimants, our third party administrator, medical providers, attorneys, and other third parties throughout the claims management process. The role plays an important role as part of the employee wellness initiatives of Community Transit. Additionally, you will contribute to the organization’s success by assisting talented employees, creating a work environment where employees feel appreciated, and exploring opportunities to continuously improve and adapt to a changing environment.
We are committed to your professional development with an emphasis on enhancing skills needed to help provide exceptional service to our employees.
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual – A Fortune 100 Company!
The Claims Specialist works within a Claims Team, using the latest technology to manage an assigned caseload of routine to mild to moderately complex Workers Compensation claims from the investigation of the claim through resolution. This includes making decisions about liability/compensability, evaluating losses, and negotiating settlements. The role interacts with injured workers, claimants, policyholders, medical providers, attorneys, and other third parties throughout the claims management process. The position offers training developed with an emphasis on enhancing skills needed to help provide exceptional service to our customers.
*This is a range posting, and we may fill as Claims Specialist I, Claims Specialist II, Senior Claims Specialist I or Senior Claims Specialist II, depending on candidate experience. The salary range is reflective of this. We are looking to fill the positions in Kent, WA or Portland, OR area.
- Manages an inventory of claims to evaluate compensability/liability.
- Establishes action plan based on case facts, best practices, protocols, regulatory issues and available resources.
- Plans and conducts investigations of claims to confirm coverage and to determine liability, compensability and damages.
- Assesses policy coverage for submitted claims and notifies the insured of any issues; determines and establishes reserve requirements, adjusting reserves, as necessary, during the processing of the claim, refers claims to the subrogation group or Special Investigations Unit as appropriate.
- Assesses actual damages associated with claims and conducts negotiations, within assigned authority limits, to settle claims.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Primary Location: Kent, WA
Additional Locations: Seattle, WA; Tukwila, WA; Portland Oregon
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Travel: As Needed
We are seeking an experienced, full-time Workers’ Compensation Claims Manager. This position is responsible for proactive advice and counsel related to management of claims for employers who are enrolled in our Washington Workers’ Compensation/Retro program. This position acts as an employer advocate with a goal of getting injured workers back to work and reducing the overall cost of workers' compensation claims.
Vigilant is a membership organization intensely committed to providing quality service and living Vigilant’s main core value - putting others before ourselves. We provide timely and practical counsel to our member companies on employment law, labor relations, human resource management, safety, employee benefits, workers’ compensation, management training, and leadership development in five western states. We are passionate about helping our members be great employers, and we are invested in building relationships with the companies we serve.
The location of this position is flexible; we have offices in Tigard, Oregon and Everett, Washington as well as the possibility of a work-from-home arrangement in or near these areas.
Liberty Mutual has an immediate opening for an experienced Claims Specialist as part of our Workers Compensation team supporting Eberle Vivian claims. The Senior Claims Specialist works within a Claims Team, using the latest technology to manage an assigned caseload of routine to moderately complex claims from the investigation of the claim through resolution. This includes making decisions about liability/compensability, evaluating losses, and negotiating settlements. In this senior-level role, you will interact with Claimants, Policyholders, Appraisers, Attorneys, and other third parties throughout the claim management process.
*We are open to fill this position as a Claims Specialist II or Senior Claims Specialist based on experience.
- Acts as senior technical professional on team, assisting team members with escalated issues.
- May mentor and train new team members.
- May participate in Quality Review process. Assesses policy coverage for submitted claims and notifies the insured of any issues; determines and establishes reserve requirements, adjusting reserves, as necessary, during the processing of the claim.
- Plans and conducts investigations of claims (including such activities as interviewing insureds, witnesses and claimants, collecting and evaluating appropriate documentation and securing evidence and protecting the chain of custody) to analyze and confirm coverage and to determine liability, compensability and damages; determines need for, and engages independent adjusters, cause and origin experts and independent medical examiners.
- Determines and documents, during the investigation process, the potential for subrogation, and pursues recovery.
- Coordinates the litigation activities associated with assigned claims to ensure timely and cost-effective resolution; may participate in mediation and hearings.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
**Position is located in Kent, WA, and allows some work from home capabilities after we return to the office later in the year.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 1-5 years' experience in claims adjusting along with knowledge of claims investigation techniques, legal liability, insurance coverage, negotiation skills and medical terminology
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to provide information in a clear and concise manner and to communicate with a variety of individuals
- Effective analytical skills to gather information, analyze facts and make recommendations based upon information collected
- Required to obtain and maintain all applicable licenses. Continuing education courses leading to industry certifications preferred (e.g., AEI, IIA, CPCU).
Seattle Human Resources endeavors to promote an equitable and engaging work environment so employees can do their best work and make a difference for the people and communities we serve. The Department focuses on providing high quality services to all City of Seattle employees and departments and work collaboratively with department leaders to align policies, practices, and programs citywide to fulfill the vision of equity and excellence in alignment with the City’s Workforce Equity and Race & Social Justice Initiatives.
Within the department, the Workers’ Compensation unit manages the workers’ compensation claims of City employees. The unit provides timely and compliant claims management of the City’s self-insured and self-administered program. We are looking for a Senior Workers’ Compensation Analyst to analyze and effectively manage the most complex and technically challenging workers’ compensation claims. This position will provide you with the opportunity to utilize your critical thinking skills, empathetic customer service, and sound judgment to resolve intricate claims issues and act as a knowledgeable consultant to your teammates.