WSIA provides open employment listings as a service to members. There is a $25 fee to post a position on the Employment Exchange, and ads will be posted for 30 days unless directed otherwise. Ad content supplied by hiring employers. For more information or to post a job, email Kari Heinold or call (360) 754-6416.
Education Service District (PSESD) seeks an experienced Claims Attorney to
provide insurance defense on highly-complex and litigated workers’ compensation
claims and oversee the work of external legal partners on referred cases. The position provides specialized legal
services to PSESD’s Workers’ Compensation Trust (WCT) and supports the
Unemployment Pool (UP) on employment separation matters. This role serves as the subject matter expert
in Washington State Workers’ Compensation Law and provides functional advice
and training to claims staff as needed. The position maintains responsibility
for managing complex and litigated claims by working collaboratively and in
partnership with adjusters and administrators.
· Juris Doctor Degree from an accredited law school
· Licensed by the Washington State Bar Association
· Washington State Workers’ Compensation trial experience
· Experience litigating cases within the public sector (i.e. school district or government entity)
· Previous experience working embedded within a team of adjusters and/or workers’ compensation administrators
· Employment law experience is a plus
This full-time, year ‘round position is based in Renton. Salary: $99,508 - $115,399/year. Salary offers consider candidate experience, qualifications, and internal equity. Excellent benefit package, including 24 annual leave days, 12 sick leave days, participation in Washington State Department of Retirement Systems and optional Tax-Sheltered Annuity Plan, and the opportunity to work with a skilled and dedicated workforce committed to the communities we serve. Open until filled. For best consideration, submit complete application by Wednesday, February 14, 2018.
Puget Sound Workers’ Compensation Trust and Unemployment Pool has an exciting opportunity for a Return to Work Manager to provide leadership in implementing and sustaining a program to promote appropriate and timely return-to-work for school district employees injured in the course and scope of employment. This position collaborates with stakeholders to create suitable transitional and full-duty employment opportunities for school district employees. The role documents and manages return-to-work information and activity to produce data to quantify program effectiveness.
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field
AA/Vocational degree in related field and progressively responsible work-related experience may substitute for Bachelor’s Degree.
· Professional workers’ compensation claims or vocational services experience
(Cover letter should specifically address any experience meeting the preferred qualifications)
· Experience with school districts;
· L&I Claims Administrator Certificate or Certified Vocational Counselor credential (CRC);
· Washing Workers’ Compensation Professional (WWCP) certification; and/or
· Program management experience.This is a full-time, year ‘round, based in Renton. Salary: $74,252- $84,009/year. Offers consider experience, qualifications and internal equity. Excellent benefits/retirement package, including 24 vacation days, 11 paid holidays, participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System and optional Tax-Sheltered Annuity Plan, and the opportunity to work in a friendly and customer-centric environment. Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by Tuesday, February 20, 2018.
Our Tacoma firm is seeking an associate attorney with exceptional written and oral communication, time management, research, issue spotting, and interpersonal skills to support their practice in workers' compensation matters representing employers and providing employment advice to employers. The successful candidate will be detail oriented and able to effectively and efficiently review and analyze documents and produce excellent work product in the form of memoranda, briefs, motions and supporting documents, discovery and other legal documents, and communicate with clients and others. This is not a complete description of all responsibilities, but the general qualifications, duties, and/or responsibilities necessary to perform this position and may be revised as necessary.
Two letters of recommendation
JD or 3L expecting JD Spring 2018
Licensed or soon to be licensed to practice law in Washington State
Instructions regarding requested documents:
Please forward requested documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a resume reflecting your educational and employment history with any other life experiences you deem significant to the practice of law. Your unofficial transcript should reflect your rank out of total number of students. Your writing sample should be a document which most accurately reflects your writing and analytical skills. Please also include one letter of recommendation from someone in the legal community and one letter of recommendation from someone outside of the legal community.