WSIA provides open employment listings as a service to members. There is a $25 fee to post a position on the Employment Exchange, and ads will be posted for 30 days unless directed otherwise. Ad content supplied by hiring employers. For more information or to post a job, email Kari Heinold or call (360) 754-6416.
Association of Washington Cities (AWC) is recruiting for a full-time Claims Specialist for the AWC Workers’ Comp Retro Program to join our dynamic and fast-paced team. The top candidate will be highly organized, detail oriented and have strong customer service skills.
What you'll be doing
- Analyze and manage medical-only claims by investigating and gathering information to assist the employer in achieving positive claims outcomes
- Coordinate claim activity with attending providers, vocational counselors, attorneys and L&I claim managers through well-developed action plans to an appropriate and timely resolution
- Maintain concise yet comprehensive notes/diaries in claims management system, including all applicable documentation, accurate coding and ancillary paperwork
- Monitor reserve adequacy throughout the life of the claim if applicable
- Communicate claim action/processing with appropriate parties including, but not limited to: employer, state agency, claimant and appropriate medical providers
- Preserve professional member relationships
- Act as back-up to others on the team, as needed