WSIA provides open employment listings as a service to members. There is a $25 fee to post a position on the Employment Exchange, and ads will be posted for 30 days unless directed otherwise. Ad content supplied by hiring employers. For more information or to post a job, email Kari Heinold or call (360) 754-6416.
Eberle Vivian is seeking experienced claims professional to join our team. We provide the ideal opportunity for individuals who prefer to use their skills for creative claims management. Each claims manager located in Kent, WA is provided with their own private office. Telecommuting and work from home possible after demonstrated proficiency.
The Claims Specialist works within a Claims Team, using the latest technology to manage an assigned caseload of routine to moderately complex claims from the investigation of the claim through resolution. This includes making decisions about liability/compensability, evaluating losses, and negotiating settlements. The role interacts with claimants, clients, attorneys, and other third parties throughout the claims management process.
- Manages an inventory of claims to evaluate compensability/liability.
- Establishes action plan based on case facts, best practices, protocols, regulatory issues and available resources.
- Plans and conducts investigations of claims to confirm coverage and to determine compensability and exposure.
- Assesses policy coverage for submitted claims and notifies the insured of any issues; determines and establishes reserve requirements, adjusting reserves, as necessary, during the processing of the claim, refers claims to the subrogation group or Special Investigations Unit as appropriate.
- Assesses actual damages associated with claims and conducts negotiations, within assigned authority limits, to settle claims.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent 1-3 years’ experience in claims adjusting along with knowledge of claims investigation techniques, legal liability, insurance coverage, negotiation skills and medical terminology
Effective written and verbal communication skills to provide information in a clear and concise manner and to communicate with a variety of individuals
Effective analytical skills to gather information, analyze facts and make recommendations based upon information collected
Required to obtain and maintain all applicable licenses.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits