NOTE: Due to public health requirements and precautions related to COVID-19, this course will occur either exclusively or primarily online with the potential for limited in-person attendance at the WSIA Office depending upon safety requirements at the time. Registrants will be kept advised of the options as they become available.
One Day Course | 6.5 Hours (8:30am - 4:00pm)
June 24, 2020
Cost: $225 Members, $375 Non-Members
Issues Covered: Medical, Compensation, Work Disability Prevention
Faculty Includes: Cory Turner, CRC | Julie Busch, MS, CDMS | Ryan Guppy, CDMS | Lloyd Brooks, WWCP
Credits Available/Pending: WWCP, 6.5 credits | Dept L&I, 6.5 credits | SHRM, 6.5 credits | CDMS, 6.5 credits | CRC, 6.5 credits
Upon completion of all eight WWCP sessions (72-hours) and required coursework, participants will receive a certificate of completion. This certificate is required for application to take the new Self-insurance Claims Administrator Examination administered by the Department of Labor and Industries.
The fifth step in our IIU's
comprehensive, goal-oriented workers' compensation curriculum, this full-day
workshop builds on the principles in prior introductory and intermediate
trainings and focuses on the early return-to-work process, preventing work
disability, and facilitating quality vocational recovery outcomes for workers. Students are given sample scenarios with designated classroom time for independent and group study exercises.
- Return-to-Work Purpose and Procedures
- Light, Modified and Transitional Duty RTW
- Return-to-Work Priorities
- Employment Law and Regulation Affecting Return-to-Work
- ADA Title 1, ADAAA
- Washington State Law against Discrimination
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Washington Family Leave Insurance
- Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Voluntary Retirement
- Lay Offs
- Communication with workers and other system participants
- Worker Rights and Responsibilities
- Job Modification and Permanent Accommodation
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Vocational Determination Process
- Employability Assessments
- Vocational Rehabilitation Plan Development Services
A cancellation fee of $75 will be charged for cancellations received by June 17, 2020.
No credit will be given for cancellations made after June 17, 2020.