One Day Course | 6.5 Hours (8:30am - 4:00pm)
March 18, 2021
Cost: $225 Members, $375 Non-Members
Issues Covered: Compensation
Faculty Includes: Gennia Wellington-Cheatham, WWCP
Credits Available/Pending: WWCP, 6.5 credits | Dept L&I, 6.5 claims management credits | SHRM, 6.5 credits
Upon completion of all eight WWCP sessions (72-hours) and required coursework, participants will receive a certificate of completion. Starting July 1, 2021, this certificate will be required for application to take the new Self-insurance Claims Administrator Examination administered by the Department of Labor and Industries.
The third step in our comprehensive, goal-oriented workers' compensation curriculum, this full-day workshop builds on the principles of compensability covered in prior introductory trainings and takes a deep dive into wage rate and time loss calculations as well as the accurate and timely administration of temporary total disability benefits. Students are given sample scenarios with designated classroom time for independent and group study exercises.
- Calculating Gross Monthly Wage
- Bonuses, Tips, Gratuities, Shift Differential Pay
- Part-Time, Intermittent, Seasonal
- Non-fixed Wages
- Marital Status and Dependents
- Maximum and Minimum Time Loss Compensation Rates
- Setting Case Reserves
- First Payment of Time Loss Compensation
- Payment of Ongoing Time Loss Compensation
- Cost of Living Adjustments
- Application of Social Security Offset
- Communication with injured workers and other system participants
No refunds will be given for cancellations made after March 11, 2021.