One Day Course | 6.5 Hours (8:30am - 4:00pm)
April 23, 2020 | WSIA Office, Olympia (Information Below)
Cost: $225 Members, $375 Non-Members (Breakfast and Lunch included)
Issues Covered: Medical, Compensation, Work Disability Prevention
Faculty Includes: Gennia Wellington-Cheatham, WWCP | Chris Fowler (contributor)
Credits Available/Pending: WWCP, 6.5 credits | Dept L&I, Pending | SHRM, 6.5 credits
Upon completion of all eight WWCP sessions (72-hours) and required coursework, participants will receive a certificate of completion. This certificate is required for application to take the new Self-insurance Claims Administrator Examination administered by the Department of Labor and Industries.
The sixth step in our Industrial Insurance University's comprehensive, goal-oriented workers' compensation curriculum, this full-day workshop builds on the principles of compensability covered in prior introductory and intermediate trainings and takes a deep dive into calculation of Loss of Earning Power benefits and Permanent Partial Disability Awards. Students are given sample scenarios with designated classroom time for independent and group study exercises.
- Calculating Gross Monthly Wage
- Loss of Earning Power Compensation
- Updating Wages for LEP Calculations
- Calculating Loss of Earning Power Compensation
- Reduction or Suspension of Benefits
- Issuing Overpayments
- Application of Social Security Offset
- Managing Case Reserves
- Permanent Partial Disability Awards
- Specified vs. Unspecified
- Categories of Impairment
- PPD Award Limits
- Calculating PPD Awards
- Calculating PPD Payment Schedule
- Preexisting Impairment
- Additional PPD – Same Claim
- Advances on PPD
- Payment of PPD to Surviving Spouse or Dependents
- Communication with workers and other system participants
A cancellation fee of $75 will be charged for cancellations received by April 16, 2020. This is to offset the cost of the room rental, reserved meals, and conference material production.
No credit will be given for cancellations made after April 16, 2020.