NOTE: Due to public health requirements and precautions related to COVID-19, this course will occur exclusively online as a live webcast, with a recording to be made available to attendees afterwards for further review.
One Day Course | 6.5 Hours (8:30am - 4:00pm)
June 4, 2020
Cost: $225 Members, $375 Non-Members
Issues Covered: Medical, Compensation, Work Disability Prevention
Faculty Includes: Gennia Wellington-Cheatham, WWCP | Chris Fowler (contributor)
Credits Available/Pending: WWCP, 6.5 credits | Dept L&I, 6.5 credits | SHRM, 6.5 credits
Upon completion of all eight WWCP sessions (72-hours) and required coursework, participants will receive a certificate of completion. This certificate is required for application to take the new Self-insurance Claims Administrator Examination administered by the Department of Labor and Industries.
The sixth step in our Industrial Insurance University's comprehensive, goal-oriented workers' compensation curriculum, this full-day workshop builds on the principles of compensability covered in prior introductory and intermediate trainings and takes a deep dive into calculation of Loss of Earning Power benefits and Permanent Partial Disability Awards. Students are given sample scenarios with designated classroom time for independent and group study exercises.
- Calculating Gross Monthly Wage
- Loss of Earning Power Compensation
- Updating Wages for LEP Calculations
- Calculating Loss of Earning Power Compensation
- Reduction or Suspension of Benefits
- Issuing Overpayments
- Application of Social Security Offset
- Managing Case Reserves
- Permanent Partial Disability Awards
- Specified vs. Unspecified
- Categories of Impairment
- PPD Award Limits
- Calculating PPD Awards
- Calculating PPD Payment Schedule
- Preexisting Impairment
- Additional PPD – Same Claim
- Advances on PPD
- Payment of PPD to Surviving Spouse or Dependents
- Communication with workers and other system participants
A cancellation fee of $75 will be charged for cancellations received by May 28, 2020.
No credit will be given for cancellations made after May 28, 2020.