This is part one of our five-part fall series on impairment
rating evaluations and psychiatric independent medical exams.
In part one, experienced independent medical examiner Dr. Edward Dagher will introduce us to the American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 5th Edition (“AMA Guides”), used to rate permanent impairment in Washington. His introduction will include information regarding the use and the development of the AMA Guides for rating impairment.
Participants will learn:
- How the Guides came to be used including their history and which version and what parts of the AMA Guides are used in Washington.
- Understand the familiarity doctors in Washington should have with using the Guides to rate impairment on their own patients.
- Understand proper use of the Guides.
- Understand how to review an IME and when to request clarification regarding an impairment rating determination.
- Understand maximum medical improvement (MMI).
About Dr. Dagher:
Dr. Dagher specializes in Physiatry and has been in active practice since 1998. He is a graduate of the University of Nevada School of Medicine. Dr. Dagher holds a number of different professional designations.
2 credit hours for the Washington Workers' Compensation Professional (WWCP) designation have been awarded; CEU credits from L&I are pending application.
Interested in viewing in person?Webinars I-IV will be broadcast from the WSIA office in Olympia
Registered participants are welcome to attend with Dr. Dagher live in our training room
Complete registration as normal, but e-mail Kari Heinold to reserve your seat at the office