One Day Course | 6.5 Hours (8:30am - 4:00pm)
December 5, 2019 | WSIA Office, Olympia (Information Below)
Cost: $225 Members, $375 Non-Members (Breakfast and Lunch included)
Issues Covered: Compensation
Faculty Includes: Gennia Wellington-Cheatham, WWCP | Chris Fowler (contributor)
Credits Available/Pending: WWCP, 6.5 credits | Dept L&I, Pending | SHRM, 6.5 credits
The third step in our comprehensive, goal-oriented workers' compensation curriculum, this full-day workshop builds on the principles of compensability covered in prior introductory trainings and takes a deep dive into wage rate and time loss calculations as well as the accurate and timely administration of temporary total disability benefits. Students are given sample scenarios with designated classroom time for independent and group study exercises.
- Calculating Gross Monthly Wage
- Bonuses, Tips, Gratuities, Shift Differential Pay
- Part-Time, Intermittent, Seasonal
- Non-fixed Wages
- Marital Status and Dependents
- Maximum and Minimum Time Loss Compensation Rates
- Setting Case Reserves
- First Payment of Time Loss Compensation
- Payment of Ongoing Time Loss Compensation
- Cost of Living Adjustments
- Application of Social Security Offset
- Communication with injured workers and other system participants
A cancellation fee of $75 will be charged for cancellations received by November 28, 2019. This is to offset the cost of the room rental, reserved meals, and conference material production.
No credit will be given for cancellations made after November 28, 2019.