Wednesday October 20th, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Thursday October 21st, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Morning, Afternoon, and Lunch Breaks
One of our most popular annual events is back for 2021, again in an online format due to current safety & public health considerations.
For this year's workshop, we've convened an outstanding cast of leading legal experts from the self-insured community to offer the latest take-home tips on a number of high impact issues, ranging from nuts and bolts to hot-of-the-press case law and regulations.
Topics covered include:
- Case Law & BIIA Updates
- Legislative and Regulatory Updates
- The new lump sum settlement option & settlement/mediation strategies
- The Maphet case, three years later. Where does authorization vs. acceptance stand?
- Injury vs. occupational disease and the new COVID-19 presumptions
- Course of employment, workers' comp coverage, and remote work
- The latest on L&I's willful misrepresentation order process & surveillance use
- The IME controversy: background, legislation, new rules, and next steps
- Latest on L&I's forms, templates, and penalty rules
- TPA licensing rules and consequences
Krishna Balasubramani, SBH Legal | Chris Bishop, Wallace Klor Mann Capener & Bishop | Sarah Cohen, SBH Legal | Tylar Edwards, King County | Shawna Fruin, Reinisch Wilson Weier | Bernie Pratt, Pratt Day & Stratton | Jim Gress, Gress Clark Young & Schoepper | Ryan Miller, Hall & Miller | Steve Reinisch, Reinisch Wilson Weier | Nicole Tedrow, Eims Tedrow & Ladenburg | Kris Tefft, WSIA | Kelly Walsh, Gress Clark Young & Schoepper
& invited guests from the Board, Department, & AG's office
Continuing Education Credits
WSIA will award 12 continuing education credit hours for the Washington Workers' Compensation Professional (WWCP) recertification. The following additional professional development credentials will be available to attendees:
L&I CEU - Applied for
CRC/CDMS - Applied for
WSBA CLE - Applied for
SHRM recertification credits
CCMC - Applied for
WSIA Members - $299
Additional members from same organization - $249 each
Non-members - $499 (Not a member? Click here to join today!)
No refunds will be given for cancellations made after October 15, 2021.